A Note From City of Hope:
Formally speaking, City of Hope is a biomedical research, treatment and education institution. Informally speaking, City of Hope is in the business of hope, and we've been serious about it for nearly 100 years.
We're recognized worldwide for our compassionate patient care, innovative science and translational research, and for rapidly turning this research into promising new therapies. Science saving lives, we call it.
Our ultimate hope is that, someday, our treatment center and all treatment centers like ours will be willingly, cheerfully, finally shuttered. When that happens, we'd love for you to have played a part.
As an added thank you for your support, Clear Channel personality and Motley Crue and Sixx:A.M. bassist, Nikki Sixx, invites you to preview the unreleased video of the new single "Are You With Me Now." From now through May 23 donors who make a contribution as part of the Hope Love Music radiothon will receive an email with an exclusive code to access the all-new video.
Text GIVEHOPE to 27722
to give $10 to City of Hope
Hope begins within the patient. It's that unshakable belief that defines our humanity, the dogged determination to survive, to win out over an affliction. But in fighting such formidable opponents as cancer, HIV/AIDS and diabetes, every diagnosed person needs help sustaining that hope - which is where City of Hope comes in!
Clear Channel Communities™, the community engagement brand of Clear Channel, is proud to support the critical work of City of Hope and the quest for curing diseases with a unique radio event. On May 23, 2012, our family of Clear Channel stations, along with some of your favorite celebrities like Ryan Seacrest, Nikki Sixx, Vince Gill, Daughtry and Sugarland will come together to raise funds and generate awareness for the innovative science and research that takes place at City of Hope every day.
Join us on May 23 as we share stories of HOPE, LOVE and MUSIC with some of your favorite on-air personalities all day long!
Check out some amazing facts about City of Hope:
- City of Hope is a global research and treatment facility focusing on cancer, diabetes and HIV/AIDS
- Four of the world's leading cancer drugs and synthetic insulin were developed from research conducted at City of Hope
- Pioneer in bone marrow transplantation - nearly 11,000 transplants to date makes it one of the largest programs in the whole world
- Home to unique on-site facilities speeding discoveries from the lab to the patient
- Our research has led to treatments and programs used all around the world
- We participate in more than 800 collaborative projects with more than 200 institutions in 46 states and 20 countries